Facebook Twitter


If you are involved an accident, call 9-1-1 for a police response. If the police complete a written report, you do not need to complete an accident report, you just need to contact your insurance company.

When to Complete an Accident Report

  • If your accident is NOT investigated by a police officer or sheriff’s deputy, AND
  • If there are injuries or the total damage exceeds $1,000, THEN
  • You need to file a report within 4 days to the State Department of Motor Vehicles.  You can do that by clicking here: WSP link to file an accident report.

Obtaining a Copy of an Accident Report

To request a stand-alone Traffic Collision Report for an accident you were involved in, click here

Need Help Locating Your Traffic Collision Report?

If you were in an accident and need help locating your report, please visit www.wsp.wa.gov, under Driver select Collision Reports.

If you have difficulties with your request and need to contact the Washington State Patrol, they can be reached via phone, email or on the web where there is an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) box and help box at the top of the home page to assist you in making your request.

Phone: (360) 570-2355

Email:   collisionrecords@wsp.wa.gov


If you are from another Law Enforcement agency, or government agency such as DSHS please send your request on department letterhead to ppdrecords@ci.prosser.wa.us


  • Police Clearance Letter or Background Check, you may request a local records background check by completing the Prosser Police Department Public Records Request form. Be sure to include the name, date or birth, and any associated addresses for the individual requiring the background check. You will receive a document that certifies the lack of or existence of records in the jurisdiction of the City of Prosser only.
  • If you require a more extensive background check, you will need to contact the Washington State Patrol Identification Section at (360) 705-5100 or visit their web-site WATCH program.